What are the Different Types of Braces? The options available for orthodontics.
Orthodontics is the dental specialty of changing the alignment of teeth and jaws. Now, thanks to modern dental techniques, there are a few options to choose from. Which type of orthodontics you choose can be a difficult decision and one that should be made with the help of an expert like the professionals at Dr. Richard Rowan, Board Certified Orthodontist in both Merced and Mariposa, CA.
Orthodontic techniques are used to correct a variety of alignment problems with your teeth and jaws including:
- Poorly aligned or crowded teeth
- Spaces between teeth
- An underbite caused when lower teeth protrude in front of upper teeth
- An overbite caused when upper teeth bite over lower teeth
- A crossbite caused when upper and lower jaws can’t close together
- An open bite caused when upper and lower front teeth don’t bite together
- Apple Dental Care offers full-service orthodontic treatments including conventional braces using wires and brackets. The brackets can be made of either metal or plastic, and the wires can be either metal or tooth-colored.
If you want an orthodontic treatment that is virtually invisible, Dr. Richard Rowan also offers Invisalign, a process using clear plastic aligners which are changed every few weeks. You will visit Dr. Richard Rowan every six weeks to monitor your progress.
Whichever orthodontic treatment you choose, keeping your mouth clean is very important and that’s why Dr. Richard Rowan will provide you with the tools to maintain your mouth to give you a healthy and beautiful outcome. At the offices of Dr. Richard Rowan in Merced and Mariposa, CA, be assured you will receive the best care available to give you the result you want, straight teeth and a beautiful smile. So, if you want straight teeth, don’t wait! Call today and get started on your new smile!